nathan exposed: the naked truth about life in the words of a gay nashville man. music, movies, tv, queer culture, politics, emotion, humor, drama, and more

Friday, August 12, 2005

It's Friday - week in review


Golden Girls
I am so glad it's Friday. It really started out as a week from Hell, but things finally started getting better on Thursday morning, and it looks like they will continue going uphill for awhile. Let's hope anyway.

Today's topic is Entertainment. When I started this blog a few weeks ago, I was trying to work through the sad feelings as the 1 year anniversary of my Grandmother's passing approached. Mixed in were some random rants about how much I hate George W. Bush, and it was all pretty dark stuff.

So I'm feeling good today, and would like to talk about some favorite shows and music. Rodney and I love watching the re-runs of Golden Palace on Lifetime. We're big Golden Girls fans. It's a great show. If you think the show is just for older people -- you are sadly mistaken. It was really a show ahead of its time. It covered all the controversial and uncomfortable issues that still exist today. Obviously the show can't solve all these issues, but it did offer an uplifting insight to them all.

And The Golden Palace was the spin-off of the series in 1992 (remember spin-offs?). It isn't nearly as funny as the first series, and it only lasted 1 season. But Rodney and I don't remember the original Golden Palace episodes, so we love seeing them for the first time.

Of course, I still watch my other favorites.... Big Brother and Kathy Griffin. Sadly, Queer as Folk has run its final new episode now *sigh* And we can't wait for Ellen Degeneres to be back this fall. Oh, and Desperate Housewives.

Posted by Nathan @ 7:40 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment