nathan exposed: the naked truth about life in the words of a gay nashville man. music, movies, tv, queer culture, politics, emotion, humor, drama, and more

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

DVD Review: Diary of a Mad Black Woman



This isn't a real "review" because it's getting late and I mainly want to say how much I liked "Diary of a Mad Black Woman."

It was so funny, and I recommend it to anyone. Aside from the general good humor and life lessons, it had a scene mocking Whitney Houston that I had to watch several times.

When I started my blog, one of my first posts was talking about how crazy Whitney Houston is on "Being Bobby Brown" and how she is always yelling "Bobby!!!!!!"

Apparently I'm not the only one who has noticed it. There is a court scene in this movie where the judge says the next case is going to be Bobby Brown. Then you hear a woman yell "Bobby!!! Bobby, I love you!!!" And the judge says something like "Calm down, Ms. Houston."

Bobby and Whitney have nothing to do with the movie plot, it was just funny to see them mock Whitney's constant yelling for Bobby.

For more info about the movie, visit the film's promotional website. Let me know if you've seen it, I want to know what you think.

Posted by Nathan @ 7:36 PM

2 Comments:

From the Black-Eyed Peas...

"You play Bobby, I'll play Whitney!"

or something like that.

Commented by Blogger Jaisn Hart, 12:54 PM  
Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that. The Black Eyed Peas are so funny

Commented by Blogger Nathan, 8:11 PM  

Add a comment