nathan exposed: the naked truth about life in the words of a gay nashville man. music, movies, tv, queer culture, politics, emotion, humor, drama, and more

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Expose Yourself


You can tell a lot about a person by the items in their house. Whenever somebody posts their picture on a blog, I catch myself focused more on the background instead of the foreground. Yeah, I see you, I know what you look like... but what's that on your table? What kind of computer do you use? What's in your refrigerator?

I thought it would be an interesting experiment if bloggers took snapshots of items in their house, and explained its origin or purpose. Maybe I'll start a trend. Here's my first contribution with details below:

expose yourself 1

Overview: This is a shelf in our guest bedroom/home office. The walls are painted lilac from the previous owners. We plan to paint them a new color very soon. Lilac is fine, but not for this room.

Clock: Rodney got me this kind of retro fun clock, part of the room's blue and green colors.

Flower Arrangement: Rodney did this almost 2 years ago, and I've kept it ever since. I think he does a great job with flowers.

The "Thank You" Angel: Rodney gave me this after I took care of him in 2004. He had all of his wisdom teeth pulled (never a fun thing) and after he recovered, he gave me this. It means a lot to me.

Ceramic "shot glasses": My great friend Winso made these for me while he was taking a class. I think it was 1998, but it may have been 1999. There is a little note inside the one in the back. They are special to me because he made them himself. One of them has a hand engraved with the middle finger sticking up! That's Winso's unique sense of humor.

The great thing about writing this post is that it made me realize everything I put on this shelf was given to me by someone who loves me. That's a nice thing to be reminded of. Thanks Rodney and Winso. I love you both.

Okay, bloggers... your turn. I wanna see something from your home.

Posted by Nathan @ 7:52 PM

1 Comments:

Here's a pic that came to mind... my computer ...well, the one that I move around the house with.

Commented by Blogger purpletwinkie, 10:52 AM  

Add a comment