nathan exposed: the naked truth about life in the words of a gay nashville man. music, movies, tv, queer culture, politics, emotion, humor, drama, and more

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Exposed 2.0


Well I'm feeling quite happy right now. I finally got this blog broken in with a custom design. I started out using Blogger.com templates and I quickly became bored with those. So I came up with the idea of taking a picture of myself with my pants down, hence the whole "naked truth about life" theme. So I got that worked out and I tried adding it to a Blogger template. That was a pain, it was hard working with someone elses' CSS coding. The end result was gaping spaces and inconsistent graphics and colors.

So I spent a huge chunk of last night and today testing the CSS and coming up with a layout I liked. You're looking at the end result... Nathan Exposed 2.0.

I started out with some heavy background colors today, but toned them down for easy reading. I think people with large monitors will dislike the extra space on the right, but my goal was a very stripped down, easy to read blog. So I've implemented some of the basics for online content -- readible font sizes, left aligned margins, etc..

There are still a few places where CSS code is messed up. But I'll get those worked out.

Have I ever mentioned that I'm a graphic/web designer? If I haven't, I'm saying it now :) Anyway, enjoy the new look. I'll try to post before and after screencaps sometime.

Posted by Nathan @ 7:19 PM

2 Comments:

I think it looks great. Totally professional. I'm still such a newbie to all this web shit; I envy your skills.

Commented by Blogger Alex, 6:08 PM  
Thanks Alex. I appreciate that.

Maybe the fact that you're new will work to your advantage. Most people seem to adapt pretty well to Blogger's templates. I had a hard time because I was so used to traditional HTML design and standard CSS. But Blogger relies almost completely on advanced CSS.

So maybe since you aren't brainwashed with old-school code skills, you'll be a quick adopter.

Even if you aren't, I think your content will always outweigh design.

Commented by Blogger Nathan, 6:53 AM  

Add a comment