nathan exposed: the naked truth about life in the words of a gay nashville man. music, movies, tv, queer culture, politics, emotion, humor, drama, and more

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

My first CD's


madonna and nelson coversI was thinking about how I look forward to Madonna's new CD coming out. Then I realized I have been a fan of hers for over 15 years now. Wow, that's a long time. She really is incredible.

That lead me to realize my first CD was a Madonna CD. I got her album "True Blue" either in 1990 or 1991, I cannot remember which. I have no idea why I picked that to be my first. I had most of her others on cassette, I guess "True Blue" was the missing link. In addition to "True Blue", I also got the Nelson CD "After the Rain" at the same time.

And that's a little embarrassing. Madonna has stayed, but the long haired rockers of Nelson are long gone. For those of you who are too young to remember, CD's originally came in these tall boxes that had the actual CD + jewel case inside.

I miss those boxes. They were cool for some reason. They usually had additional artwork, which I liked. Believe it or not, if you ever go into a Sam's Club, I think they still have those damn boxes on new CD's :) I guess somebody liked them.

Posted by Nathan @ 2:23 PM

2 Comments:

Great trip down memory lane! Madonna was also my first CD. I ran out to buy the Immaculate Collection as soon as I had a player.

And to think that I'll be running out on November 15 to get her next album.

Yeah, she's a keeper.

Commented by Blogger Unknown, 8:07 AM  
Wow Vince. Madonna was my "first" and also your "first".

That slut.

Commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 9:23 AM  

Add a comment