nathan exposed: the naked truth about life in the words of a gay nashville man. music, movies, tv, queer culture, politics, emotion, humor, drama, and more

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Funny observations


There are so many unusual things we see on the way to work each day. These are just a few from my perspective:

Undercover Cop?
While on the way to work this morning, I was behind this lady who had Fraternal Order of Police on the bottom of her license plate. I have no idea what that means, but obviously her vehicle is somehow registered with the police because it is a registered Tennessee plate. But then she had a sticker in her back window that said Mary Kaye. What??? Is she an undercover cop selling make-up?

That could be really clever. She would go to people's houses and deliver their order, but it would actually be a drug bust. Gotcha!

Happy Asia
I call her "Happy Asia". She's the painfully skinny Asian lady who is always walking. Every morning, I can count on seeing her walking down the street as I go to work. She always wears a white shirt, tucked into khaki shorts. Sometimes she has on big dorky headphones. Sometimes she wears a big straw hat! No matter what, she always looks content. She has an easy glide, she's just moving along at a casual pace, and seems so peaceful with her life.

But she literally does walk every morning and evening. And Rodney has seen her in the afternoon, so this lady walks at least 3 times a day. I think she might have an eating disorder, judging by the amount she walks and how skinny she is. Nobody walks that much.

And does she work? How can she afford to always be walking and never working? Maybe she gets paid to test the lifespan of tennis shoes. And she has to see how much she can walk to wear them out. Whatever, I love you Happy Asia Lady!

Thou Shalt Not Kill
Anytime you see a car with American Flag bumber stickers, you are guaranteed to also see a "W" sticker close by. Well this morning, I saw a bumber sticker that said "The Ten Commandments"... of course, it was under a big fat "W" sticker.

Hmmm... wasn't there something in there about "Thou Shalt Not Kill"? How exactly do you justify killing all these innocent people in Iraq?

The Casual Arm
Anytime I see a driver with their left arm resting casually outside their car window, you know it's going to be slow going. And they are always in front of me, in the left lane. How and why? The casual arm is the universal symbol for not being in any hurry at all. They are driving 20 MPH down the road, and there is no way you are getting around them. These people don't have a care in the world, and are not the least bit concerned about the people behind them. Nor do they have any interest in getting in the right lane. They've got a left turn coming up in 20 miles and they want to be prepared!

I wish I could be a carefree asshole like that.

Posted by Nathan @ 6:54 AM

3 Comments:

Next time you are behind someone with their arm out the window, do what I do.

1) Roll down your window

2) Put your arm out the window

3) Repeat after me...
"Fuck it"

Nirvana in 3 easy steps.

Commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 7:51 AM  
LOL ... sounds like a great idea. Might do that next! I'm such a copy cat. You should start charging me a royalty. :P

Commented by Blogger Sunshine, 8:28 PM  
Yes, you are a copycat Sunshine. I was so pissed when Rat credited you for the "expose yourself" idea :)

No, I'm only kidding. I was actually pissed that Rat's blog tried to launch a WMA file when I visited it. I think Rat is a very sweet person, I just don't like unauthorized files opening.

But back to my point - I'm catching on to you Sunshine. Just you wait until I steal your Myers Briggs idea :) Be looking for it.

Commented by Blogger Nathan, 9:12 PM  

Add a comment