nathan exposed: the naked truth about life in the words of a gay nashville man. music, movies, tv, queer culture, politics, emotion, humor, drama, and more

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Unconditional love.


Anyone who has pets knows how great it is to always be loved no matter what kind of day you're having.

We have 2 cats. They are both very lovable, but they do have their favorites. Purr Purr is almost 5, and she tends to favor me. Prissy Magoo is 2, and she tends to favor Rodney. Sometimes Purr Purr will sleep with us at night, but she's very particular about it. She has to be in the middle of the bed, and she doesn't like to be bothered or moved.

Well last night, Purr Purr was in a spot and I just couldn't get comfortable. I picked her up and moved her next to me, but figured she'd get mad and jump off the bed. To my surprise, she snuggled up against my chest and then licked my arm. I leaned in to kiss her on the cheek, she tilted her head so I could, and then she went back to sleep. It was so cute.

No matter what, I know at the end of the day both of them will be waiting at the door when we come home. It's nice to be loved.

Posted by Nathan @ 7:13 AM

2 Comments:

I would've gotten a dog if the body corporate of my apartment complex would allow. Just have to wait until Sam and I eventually move somewhere else (will be around here - I love it too much to give it up!). All I have at the moment are two Siamese fighting fish and they aren't very exciting at all. Can't exactly put a leash on them and take 'em out for a walk.

Commented by Blogger Sunshine, 4:59 PM  
Well you could always put Sam on a leash and take him for a walk.

I've heard there are movies like that ;)

Commented by Blogger Nathan, 6:00 PM  

Add a comment